TEC4 – Tactical Emergency Casualty Care Carbine Course
Dates: September 29-30 (4 Spots Open)
COMBINES OUR UCC COURSE WITH TACMEDIC INSTRUCTION, AND INCLUDES LIVE FIRE TACTICAL EMERGENCY CASUALTY CARE UNDER FIRE DRILLS.
Day 1 is a quick paced condensed UCC course of fire, with bounding and team communication drills. Day 2 will start with a block of TacMed training, TCCC tourniquets, wound packing, airways, and pressure dressing and will advance to care under fire LIVE FIRE drills. This is a 2 day course, that will include a low light drill that will focus on weapon light basics and target identification.
Must have taken one of our Carbine Courses and be instructor approved OR other military/SWAT/ Civilian credentials or formal professional training can be used to be approved for this course.
AR15 platform with detachable magazine (.223 / 5.56 ONLY), 3-5 magazines (10 round okay), at least 2 magazine pouches (belt or body armor mounted), WEAPON Sling (1, 2 or 3 point, your choice), Red Dot or Holographic Optic, Iron Sights, Eye and Ear protection, Minimum of 500 rounds of ammunition (no steel core when shooting steel targets) Flashlight with momentary switch, Medical IFAC kit
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: MUST HAVE
- Eye Protection – wrap around preferred
- Ear protection – a good set of plugs is recommended ( keep in mind getting a good cheek weld on the rifle is difficult with bulky muffs)
- Shooting Mat or ground cover ( more comfortable the better – LRP 1 – all shooting will be done from the prone position off a concrete pad
- Empty Chamber indicators
- Scientific calculator or smart phone capable of same ( recommended )
- Note taking supplies, pen and paper for DOPE data and info. taking
- Phone ballistics apps recommended
- Proper Clothing ( check forecast )
- Sling recommended (LRP2 only)
- Proper footwear – no man sandals or flops !!
- We Recommend you bring anything else you need to be comfortable:
- Hat or headwear for the sun
- Bug Spray – Tick Spray – Spring and Summer can get buggy
- Food, snacks and water (we will break for lunch)
- Kestrel, binoculars, spotting Scope, wind meter, or any other peripheral equipment you would like to bring.
- Lawn chair for evening hours
Cancellations made 60 days or more before course date: 50% refund
Cancellations made 60 – 30 days before course date: 25% refund
Cancellations made less than 30 days Prior to Training: No refund
You may find someone to fill in for you, so you don’t lose your deposit.
We do not collect full payment up front like most companies, therefore if you cancel less than 7 days prior to the course you will be responsible for the balance of payment and will not be able to register for any other courses until that balance is paid. If we have other deposits from you for another course, we will apply that to the money owed, and a new deposit/s will be needed.
Camping and RV parking on the grounds is free. There are several hotels in the area, we usually stay at the Super 8 which is 3 miles down the road. Class fill up quickly. We will be starting at 8AM – we recommend coming up the night before and crashing at the clubhouse.