LONG RANGE PRECISION 2.0
INTRO to PRS and Moving Target Engagement
Dates: September 15-16 (3 spots open)
Our Sponsored PRS Instructors will teach you everything from how to sign up for a match, what to expect at the match, how stages are run, what bags to use, how to “game” obstacles and we will run mock stages. This is a great all around class, and especially good for hunters who may shoot from various positions and at mnoving targets.
Our courses are set in a very relaxed atmosphere, so don’t be intimidated.
2 Days Course
Price $795.00 per shooter: (deposit of $375 due when you register, balance due day of the course )
COURSE REQUIREMENTS : If you have data on your weapon system to 1000 yards and are prety comfortable shooting to that distance you can take this course. We will check zero’s and DOPE to 1000 yards from the prone position before we start any PRS training.
This course will require a moderate amount of physical activity and agility. You will be shooting in a variety of PRS type positions including, standing, kneeling, sitting, prone and more. It will also include our new MOVING TARGET Engagement.
DAY 1 & 2
Shooters will engage targets from 100 to 1000 yards. This course will include an a more in depth discussion of ballistic and ballistic calculators, intro to basic PRS positional shooting from various obstacles. Knowledge of your scope reticle is crucial, using elevation and windage holds will be necessary. This course will cover more unknown distance shooting and holders than LRP1. During the course of the 2 days, we will have various timed and point stages which will be cumulative and the shooter with the most points at the end of day 2 will be awarded the top shooter award.
IF YOU CAN NOT PUT A CHECK MARK NEXT TO EVERY BOX IN THE PHOTO, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT
WEAPONS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- Quality Tactical or Precision Rifle (not hunting rifle) capable of shooting a 1 inch group at 100 yards
- Examples of acceptable calibers – .243, . 6mm, 260, 270, 6.5cm, 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, 7mm, .308, .300 win mag., or .338lm
- Nothing larger than .338 .NO .50 Cals, and NO AR15 calibers will be sufficient for this course
- Bolt Action or Semi-Auto AR10 type platforms ARE allowed (20″ barrel or larger recommended )
- Scope or Rifle Level **** Mandatory
- Quality Height Adjustable and Canting Bipod ***Mandatory
- Please have your Rifles zeroed at 100 yards
- Rear shooting bag or multiple ***Mandatory ( different size bags may be better for certain obstacles)
- Quality Tactical Type Scope with matching reticle and external adjustable turrets preferred – Minimum of 10x
- No 3-9 hunting Scopes, duplex reticles, or BDC reticles
- Minimum of 180 rounds of MATCH ammunition / bullet (higher the Ballistic Coefficient the better)
ABSOLUTELY NO ARMOR PIERCING, STEEL CORE, SOLID PROJECTILE, ETC.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: MUST HAVE
- Eye Protection – wrap around preferred
- Ear protection – a good set of plugs is recommended ( keep in mind getting a good cheek weld on the rifle is difficult with bulky muffs)
- Shooting Mat or ground cover ( more comfortable the better – LRP 1 – all shooting will be done from the prone position off a concrete pad
- Empty Chamber indicators
- Scientific calculator or smart phone capable of same ( recommended )
- Note taking supplies, pen and paper for DOPE data and info. taking
- Phone ballistics apps recommended
- Proper Clothing ( check forecast )
- Sling recommended (LRP2 only)
- Proper footwear – no man sandals or flops !!
- We Recommend you bring anything else you need to be comfortable:
- Hat or headwear for the sun
- Bug Spray – Tick Spray – Spring and Summer can get buggy
- Food, snacks and water (we will break for lunch)
- Kestrel, binoculars, spotting Scope, wind meter, or any other peripheral equipment you would like to bring.
- Lawn chair for evening hours
Cancellations made 60 days or more before course date: 50% refund
Cancellations made 60 – 30 days before course date: 25% refund
Cancellations made less than 30 days Prior to Training: No refund
You may find someone to fill in for you, so you don’t lose your deposit.
We do not collect full payment up front like most companies, therefore if you cancel less than 7 days prior to the course you will be responsible for the balance of payment and will not be able to register for any other courses until that balance is paid. If we have other deposits from you for another course, we will apply that to the money owed, and a new deposit/s will be needed.
Camping and RV parking on the grounds is free. There are several hotels in the area, we usually stay at the Super 8 which is 3 miles down the road. Class fill up quickly. We will be starting at 8AM – we recommend coming up the night before and crashing at the clubhouse.