INTRO TO TEAM SPOTTER : SHOOTER
Dates: June 2-3 (completed)
2 Day Course – Price $795.00 per shooter: (deposit of $375 due when you register, balance due day of the course )
Sign up with a buddy or we can pair you with another single.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS: You must be a good shooter, have taken our 1.0 or 1.5 course or similar, and be able to shoot inside of a 1.5″ five shot 100 yard group with the occassional flier. You will need approximately 200 rounds of ammunition per-shooter, and a good spotting scope. You don’t have to have a $2000 spotter, a decent $600 Vortex is fine, but please no budget $150 Barskas or anythign like that. You CAN SHARE equipment (rifle / spotting scope) for this course. So you will ONLY need one spotting scope for each team.
Each person will take turns shooting and spotting throughout the course, one guy / gal will be on the mat and one shooting.
Students will take turns working in pairs as a spotter / shooter team.
You will learn how to call hits, misses, give elevation adjustments to your shooter, and more in-depth wind calling.
Each team will need at least one good spotting scope, and each shooter will need their own rifle for this course. This course we will have some team on team drills, points drills and a team TOP SHOT
We must confirm your equipment before signing up
We will be making initial drop charts for all students, so we need to know what you are bringing to shoot
IF YOU CAN NOT PUT A CHECK MARK NEXT TO EVERY BOX IN THE PHOTO, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE PROPER EQUIPMENT
WEAPONS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- Quality Tactical or Precision Rifle (not hunting rifle) capable of shooting a 1 inch group at 100 yards
- Examples of acceptable calibers – .243, . 6mm, 260, 270, 6.5cm, 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, 7mm, .308, .300 win mag., or .338lm
- Nothing larger than .338 .NO .50 Cals, and NO AR15 calibers will be sufficient for this course
- Bolt Action or Semi-Auto AR10 type platforms ARE allowed (20″ barrel or larger recommended )
- Scope or Rifle Level **** Mandatory
- Quality Height Adjustable and Canting Bipod ***Mandatory
- Please have your Rifles zeroed at 100 yards
- Rear shooting bag or multiple ***Mandatory ( different size bags may be better for certain obstacles)
- Quality Tactical Type Scope with matching reticle and external adjustable turrets preferred – Minimum of 10x
- No 3-9 hunting Scopes, duplex reticles, or BDC reticles
- Minimum of 180 rounds of MATCH ammunition / bullet (higher the Ballistic Coefficient the better)
ABSOLUTELY NO ARMOR PIERCING, STEEL CORE, SOLID PROJECTILE, ETC.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: MUST HAVE
- Eye Protection – wrap around preferred
- Ear protection – a good set of plugs is recommended ( keep in mind getting a good cheek weld on the rifle is difficult with bulky muffs)
- Shooting Mat or ground cover ( more comfortable the better – LRP 1 – all shooting will be done from the prone position off a concrete pad
- Empty Chamber indicators
- Scientific calculator or smart phone capable of same ( recommended )
- Note taking supplies, pen and paper for DOPE data and info. taking
- Phone ballistics apps recommended
- Proper Clothing ( check forecast )
- Sling recommended (LRP2 only)
- Proper footwear – no man sandals or flops !!
- We Recommend you bring anything else you need to be comfortable:
- Hat or headwear for the sun
- Bug Spray – Tick Spray – Spring and Summer can get buggy
- Food, snacks and water (we will break for lunch)
- Kestrel, binoculars, spotting Scope, wind meter, or any other peripheral equipment you would like to bring.
- Lawn chair for evening hours
Cancellations made 60 days or more before course date: 50% refund
Cancellations made 60 – 30 days before course date: 25% refund
Cancellations made less than 30 days Prior to Training: No refund
You may find someone to fill in for you, so you don’t lose your deposit.
We do not collect full payment up front like most companies, therefore if you cancel less than 7 days prior to the course you will be responsible for the balance of payment and will not be able to register for any other courses until that balance is paid. If we have other deposits from you for another course, we will apply that to the money owed, and a new deposit/s will be needed.
Camping and RV parking on the grounds is free. There are several hotels in the area, we usually stay at the Super 8 which is 3 miles down the road. Class fill up quickly. We will be starting at 8AM – we recommend coming up the night before and crashing at the clubhouse.